Sunday, April 1, 2012

i heart weekends

Even though I've been on maternity leave since mid-January, I still look forward to the weekend.  It's a time for us to be home as a family and do whatever WE want to do...whether that be shopping, DIYing, cleaning (but let's be honest - this happens rarely), or just hanging out.  We have no set schedule and no particular place to be, and it's the best feeling!  Since Mason was born, we have lots of visitors on the weekends - so it's also nice to know we can still see lots of our friends and family without actually having to get ready and leave the house :)

I decided to start this blog about our family because I figure most of my friends on Facebook who don't have kids (and are sick of seeing a million pictures and updates about mine) can take a break and hopefully not de-friend me.  For those of you who do enjoy seeing pictures of Mason and reading about his EVERY breath, you've come to the right place!

Okay, now back to what I was saying about weekends...this weekend has been particularly nice, but for no particular reason :)  Mason is sleeping better and better every night, so his Daddy and me are actually feeling rested in the mornings now.  Yesterday we decided to travel to Nashville and check out Opry Mills mall since its grand re-opening last week.  What we didn't realize was that everyone else in the middle Tennessee area would have the same thoughts!  We met our good friends, Lance and Helena, and spent some time walking around and spending money (which I happen to be really good at).  All in all, it was a good time despite the massive crowds.  Today we have nowhere to be and hope to get some work done in our backyard.  Maybe I can even talk my husband into grilling me something yummy tonight for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment